There are three primary macronutrients (macros): carbohydrates, fat, and protein. Each of them is necessary for your health and performance.
► On-the-Go Nutrition Options:
► Macro Calculator:
► Your Transformation Training Program:
► 25% Off Kaged Muscle:
► 30% Off Signature Supplements:
► 20% Off Dymatize Supplements:
| Macros |
• 4 kcal per gram
• The only non-essential macronutrient
– Essential for high-intensity exercise
• Simple vs complex carbohydrates
– It all breaks down mostly to glucose
• Glycemic Index
• 9kcl per gram
• Saturated vs Unsaturated
– Keep Saturated below 6% of daily calories
• PUFA (fish oil)
– AHA suggests 2 servings per week of fish
• Fats used for cell membranes, hormones, good cholesterol
• 4kcal per gram
• Highest Thermic Effect of Food
• 1g/lb bodyweight per day (2g/kg)
• Leucine 3g/servingoSource (animal vs plant)
| SPOTLIGHT ([email protected]) |
What Are your Best Healthy Snacks or Recipes?
• Olallo: 2 slices of toast 2/3 cups of egg whites 1 egg Half an avocado Green salsa
• drinabooboo: Frozen blueberries or grapes taste like candy.
• Samson: Yogurt mixed with protein powder of your choice and peanut butter.Tastes amazing and gets the job done.
• Danny: Steel cut oatmeal + honey + kiwi + macadamia nuts + squeeze of lime
• Mateo: 1 cup milk, 2 cup water, 2 scoops of protein powder, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup cereal, 2 scoops of ice cream, 5 grams of creatine, All in the blender (sometimes I add extra milk).
| New Products |
► Reign Energy:
► Optimum AmiN.O. Energy:
► Vital Proteins Collagen Water:
| New Flavors |
► Signature Protein Crunch Bars:
► Isopure Zero Carb Whey Iso Drink:
► MusclePharm Combat Bars:
Next week we’re are wrapping up the month of May with a talk of how you can improve your workout and your focus without stimulants. Nootropics, vasodilators and other ergogenic ingredients will be the topic. How do you like to get in the game when caffeine isn’t an option?
| Brain Gainz Host |
Tyler McGlasson, MK – Senior Specialist, Regulatory Compliance & Science
• Compliance and Science
• Claim Substantiation
• Ingredient Research